What to Look for in the Best Acne Websites
If you Google the term “acne,” you will get links to over 117,000,000 pages—just in English alone. There is no shortage of information about acne on Internet, but how do you find the best acne websites? Here are 10 things to look for.
- The best acne websites are comprehensive, offering you 100 pages of useful information or more.
- The best acne websites offer different remedies for different skin types.
- The best acne websites give you information on a variety of products in all price ranges offered all over the world.
- The best acne websites are evidence-based.
- The best acne websites offer information for all kinds of acne and even for skin conditions that resemble acne.
- The best acne websites offer a variety of solutions to acne problems—not just acne products they sell.
- The best acne websites offer information about medical procedures—and their limitation.
1. The best acne websites are comprehensive.
If a website offers just two or three or even just twenty or thirty pages of information about how to care for acne-prone skin, it may be a great testimonial to one person’s experience with acne reversal, and who knows, the information might apply to you. But an authority site with 100 or more pages of solid acne information is more likely to give you the answers you need for your skin care issues.
2. The best acne websites offer different remedies for different skin types.
If there is any single principle of skin care on which all experts can agree, it is that no single acne remedy works for 100% of the people who try it. If you have dry skin you need different products than if you oily skin. If you have dark skin, you can’t use acne treatments that work on fair skin. If you have rosacea, you can’t use the products that work for everyday, common acne. And if you have “acneiform eruptions” that just look like acne, acne care products can actually make your skin worse.
The best acne websites are written with the reality of different skin types in mind. Whether you have fair skin and you have a problem with rosacea on the face in the winter time or you have dark skin and you have a problem with keloidal acne on your scalp, you should be able to find the answers you need on the best authority sites.
3. The best acne websites review a variety of products.
Honest people can disagree about whether products work. But if a site says all of a certain kind of products work, or none of a certain kind of products work, there’s probably a problem with the validity of the reviews. The best acne websites give you current and comprehensive information about acne products, and steer you in the direction of the best products—which are almost never the most expensive products.
4. The best acne websites are evidence-based.
Some health writers promote an agenda that is not necessarily aimed at helping you achieve your health care goals. Some ethical vegans suggest that every health problem can be solved by eating a raw, plant foods diet. Some physicians will tell you that a medication you can only get by prescription or a procedure you can only get at the dermatologist’s office is the only way to treat your acne.
The best acne websites offer information that is evidence-based. If it works, they let you know. If it doesn’t, they tell you why not. But they do not accept or reject products and procedures on any other grounds other than that they do or do not work for people who use them.
5. The best acne websites offer a variety of solutions for acne problems.
Even when there is a single clearly best product for an acne skin care concern, there may be people who need other recommendations. Even good products sometimes are not in stock. Manufacturers can change ingredients so that a good product becomes a bad option for skin care. The best acne inforamtion sites offer more than one possible solution for every acne care problem.
6. The best acne websites offer acne care solutions that you can use even if you wear makeup.
Most women and some men wear makeup. Acne care solutions that don’t take that reality into account do millions of potential site visitors a serious disservice. The best acne care information sites tell not just how to treat acne if you use makeup, but which choices in cosmetics are compatible with makeup and how to deal with special cosmetic issues.
7. The best acne information websites offer information for acne care where you live.
The United States is still the world’s largest market for acne care products, but it is not the world’s only market for acne care products. The best acne care information websites provide tips for taking care of every kind of skin type, and review every nation’s acne care products—that are labeled in the same language as used on the site.
8. The best acne information websites offer information about all kinds of breakouts.
The most useful sites for acne information tell you how to treat whiteheads, blackheads, pimples, papules, nodules, and cysts. They tell you how to deal with acne and age spots or acne and wrinkles at the same time. They provide ways to deal with back acne, scalp acne, chest acne, and neck acne. They tell you what you need to know about acne caused by hormone fluctuations and acne caused by steroid injections. You don’t need to go anywhere else for complete acne information.
9. The best acne information websites tell you about medical procedures and medications as well as products you can buy without a prescription.
A good acne information website is pro-medicine, not anti-medicine, but recognizes that medicine is not always the answer for acne. At the best sites, you can find information about ablative laser resurfacing and non-ablative laser resurfacing at the doctor’s office. You can find information about red light and blue light you can use at home, about dermatologist-directed dermabrasion and at-home microdermabrasion. You can even find information about the frontiers of acne medicine as well as information about the latest in home products for taking care of acne-prone skin.
10. The best acne information site is right here.
Everything about this site is intended to give you information you can use to clear your skin. Sure, this site will recommend Exposed Skin Care on many of its pages—because this acne treatment system is the best buy for your money and because almost everyone gets good results using it. But you don’t need to go anywhere else for comprehensive and complete actionable acne information that can empower you to get rid of acne for good.